· Akane was born in Tellius. she has a elder brother as well as a mother and father who lived until the age of 15 occurred.
· Her father passed due to a illness, and her mother soon disappeared from the tragic death ( Died overseas. Was on a ship to trade but was wrecked in a storm) Akane and her brother suffered and had to deal living on their own. 2 years
· They faced the struggles of managing a home, obtaining money, using a and getting a decent job. They were poor for weeks until Aaron obtained a job being a blacksmith. The money their mother had running a shop was found and used immediately for necessitates, but ran out as soon as two weeks.. Becoming a blacksmith he soon was able to raise money and take care of Akane.
· Akane, though, desired to be in the working field just like her brother. To be as useful to making their lives in a better condition. It was hard, as a female, especially as a young teen at the time, to acquire work experience due to the class woman had working in the household instead of out in the real world.
· It took her two years to gain a job. During those two years, she searched and been turned down by most job holders and owners due to her gender or being unexperienced.
· By the time she was 17, Akane managed to achieve a job, which was becoming a member in the Greil mercenaries.
Epilouge (Radiant Dawn)
Queen of the swords ( 剣の女王,Ken’nojoō ) Akane took her path to make her name known across the lands, and a legend written in history. Akane never returned back to Crimea
"I will be soon be a piece of history…and I will be remembered!”
Akane can be described to be stubborn and for the most part prideful and independent. Through friends, she is supportive and loyal, but she always has a habit of putting herself first than others.
Akane can also be shown to be a challenging and brave woman. She Challenges many opponents to battles and spars determined to win yet overdoing it most of the time doing so. Her spars with Mia becomes very intense at some points, her determination and goal of becoming a strong swordswoman is very high.Creating a show of enjoyment to spars.
Akane is very loyal to her friends. .She vows to protect them the best possible way. Even if death comes upon her while doing so. Akane can also be shown to be smart with tactics but always has a feeling her view might be wrong.-
Personality Head canons :
· Akane is shown to be stubborn and independent, never allowing others to get into her plans and tactics of her own unless agreeing to fight alongside her. She becomes very stubborn when it comes to having to do/say by a command. If it does not fit her liking, she will not do it. However she will do it regardless if she likes it or not if it was in desperate need.
· Independence was key in Akane’s mind to be the best. To work with others was another one, however being independent was the biggest and always had to come on top. Being independent caused a flaw within Akane that was noticeable to everyone except for herself.Since she is so drive to taking down anyone on the battlefield who shows to be her opponent, she does not understand the consequences of committed to being independent.It can risk her of choosing the wrong choices, becoming severely injured, maybe even death.Thus creating a connection. Akane has been told about her independence, and how it is a great influence, it also is a thing she needs to learn to control. ·
· Akane is a patient person for a limited time. If having to wait for over the time said to wait, then she will grow inpatient and will either leave the other behind or hurry up the other. Either way she will grow to be irritated.
· On the battlefield, Akane can show a different sense of behavior and attitude. More focused, guarded, and determined, Akane can become a little reckless then usual. This is one of the words that can describe her fighting style.
· Akane is flexible in some angles.Depending on what the changes are, she will make minor changes or none at all.
· Akane is well organized.
· Akane can be judgmental of a person’s fighting/skill. Though she will not judge one by their personality or persona.
· Akane grew out of her insecurities about her sword skills. 3 years ago, she was insecure speaking about it and even demonstrate it. But now, Akane’s sense of pride kills the insecurities she had in the past and is quite proud of her skills.
· Around men, Akane will treat them no different as she would treat women. She is not the type to fall in love so easily rather than checking twice before she falls. A man to be even considered a candidate in Akane’s view is to beat her in a battle. Worthiness is what sparks Akane’s heart. She can be very hard and down upon it.
· Akane can be selfish. Not with objects and items, but her independence and going solo can be seen to be a bit selfish on her part.
· Akane is straight forward and hard on others. If she does not enjoy or like what someone is doing with what is suppose to be something she does as well, she will directly tell them without giving a care or two if it hurts the other’s feelings or not. She will not do this out of the coldness of the shell heart she ”has”. but to give them a hand. She will go down upon a person verbally and give them insightful ideas and advice..
· Akane can be friendly. She has a warm heart for her friends and easily makes friends after getting to know a person for more than just their skills and swordplay.
· Akane can be considered a short temper woman. In situations she might be clam and not allow her temper to get the best of her, then certain situations, Akane’s temper will break and get the best of her. She is not controlling of her behavior sometimes, and that is another flaw of her.
· Akane might have such a strong and cold shell, but beneath that she does have a delicate and warm heart. She is the type to cry easily, and does allow her emotions get a hold of her vision.
· Above all, Akane is prideful and Individualistic. As well as open and passionate.
Akane is considered to be the jealous type. It gets in the way of maintaining her good relationships with others.Also puts in a bad name for her character.But she tries her best to calm herself down whenever she is feeling like so.
Akane has a thing with criticizing other people’s skills. Believing to have fear that they may be greater than her someday. She always has to find something to criticize. Her confidence makes her speak out her mind.
Akane takes things too far. If it is not with her emotions, then it has to be during battle. Once she is in battle,or even a spar, she’ll take it as if it was a battle to the death. Something she tries so hard to control, but the power in her sword creates her mind to think differently. With friends or love ones,
Another flaw would be Akane and her emotions.Like any other person, Akane allows her emotions to override reason.Not always has her emotions come, but when it is something that she does not see eye to eye with, her emotions come into play.
Akane is a risk-taker. Anything that is overwhelming and out of the box Akane would do it. She is always the type to be ready for anything, even something so dangerous, she’ll drop everything and go. She doesn’t worry about herself, but if it is for anyone else she cares deeply about, she will worry and do anything. Even risking her life.
Basic Head Canons:
Akane’s birthday is on December 21.
Akane is 24.
Akane’s parent’s names were never revealed, but her brother's name is Aaron.
Akane’s foods are considered to be something light and sweet.Since she is the type to eat small portions of foods, but to the most part, to stay strong,eating meat and fruits are something she is most acceptable with.
Akane founded her sword when she was just 13.It was in a bad shape until she had taken it to a blacksmith to be repaired.
Akane is religious. To keep apart of her mother with her, her religion is the most important thing she has behind her main goals .
Strengths & Weaknesses
Being independent has to be one of the strengths that Akane is very well seen to have.Told in her ending in Radiant Dawn, ‘' She grows out of becoming a follower and leads herself into a solo and independent leader.” It has been seen repetitively that Akane prefers to work solo and discard the help that is given to her half of the time. Yet a weakness of being independent is that Akane has a hard time accepting the help from others. As following the path of a warrior, in her very own style, her path is only for her and herself only. In battle, Akane believes she can handle it all, but to accept and operate with other comrades is difficult for her. After her leaving and taking her way from the Greil Mercenaries, it all changed. Though working with comrades she knows well enough is not so difficult as it is when she is being helped with someone unknown to her eyes.
Another strength to be seen within Akane’s character is she is determined. No matter what it is she needs to get done, whoever it is that needs to get taken down, Akane will always place her hand down and give it her all and become determined to finish the job. What is good about this strength is that Akane will never give up on what she has to do. Getting the job done with full determination in doing it shows that Akane is the type to push it all the way and give it her all. Even though this is a good strength, It may cause problems along the way. As a weakness, Akane will be too focused into doing the job and doing it her way. As well as becoming a bit domineering.This is because of how stubborn she can be when it comes to certain cases ir not most. This will cause problems, yet Akane will soon find it in her that pushing herself to the limit is not necessary.
Akane was able to work with other people when she thought within her that almost nobody would want to. Example; when she had joined the Greil Mercenaries ( Path of Radiance time.)
Akane was able to master the ways of the sword. In her view she sees it that how she handles and swings the sword is how a master would do so. But she knows there are much more skills to know then what she has been taught and what she had created
Akane accomplished to handle her divine sword and the power within it.
Akane was able to become a strong and independent swords woman after the war.
Akane accomplished to accept people the way they are. Though she may judge, she pushed her views aside and looked at the person for who they were.
Akane is able to wield two swords.As well as master swinging her sword in both of her hands.
Akane’s is terrified to be alone in the dark. It has been her major fear ever since she could remember. Even though she might look like a woman who couldn’t fear nothing, her greatest fear is being alone in the dark. Before when she slept alone in her tent every night , Akane would quickly close her eyes and try her best to fall asleep fast so she can go to her peaceful and happy dreams.She never grew out of her fear, mainly due to being alone by herself in the darkness without no one.She keeps this fear in secrecy. The only ones she could ever tell of this fear is someone close. She has admitting to having fear of the dark to Ike but no one else. She thought she would gotten teased for such a childish fear. Another factor that would bring her fear are bugs and demons from her religion.
Akane can be shown to maintain her happiness. Though her smiles can be viewed as small or faint, she could always guarantee that she is happy. The feeling of happiness is a great thing to Akane. She believes that being happy could make what bad memories were in someone’s head, just go away.Go away for the time being and that is what she always tries to do.
Since she wields many bad memories ( Not very much memories but strong ones that feel like there are so many), Akane does activities that make her happy. Activities like improving her sword skills with training, cooking a few sweets, things to extract those memories out of her and to input positive memories.
Happiness is something Akane does have, but she does not reveal it to everyone. She is a serious woman, her seriousness can get into showing everyone that she is happy. The things that make her happy is the friends she has. The hobbies she does and the things she enjoys to do and like.
Akane can be known for getting angry quickly, but her anger isn’t a big deal as one might think.It is told and shown that she has a short temper. As much as Akane tries to maintain it was much as she can, little things such as a person becoming an annoy pest can trigger her temper and set it off. But one doing so, it wouldn’t be so bad. Threats would be thrown at, the common things that would come when someone is angry.
Annoyance would be the best thing to trigger her temper. It’s a pet peeve of Akanes and she would simply not tolerate stupidity and annoyance from mocking her swordplay or her even herself.
Love is something Akane always has in her mind. What is love exactly?Could there ever be time to love? As those questions run through her head, it is ironic that she never manages to be in love with anyone. Sure, she did develop strong feelings for Ike, but she has never been in a relationship before. Only after the game play of Radiant Dawn did it say that she had gotten married.But throughout her travels and work, she never had time to be in a loving relationship, but it was always in her head.
Aside from what is seen in RP’s, It can be confirmed that Akane’s sexual orientation is straight. In her support conversation with Mia, she admits to having feelings for there leader Ike. She never ever felt like this before towards anyone but him. Evidence that Akane is interested in men and not woman.
Though in RP’s, Akane’s orientation is changed. Her interest is in men and woman. Strongly in men though but it does not stop her from wanting to try something with women.Canon wise, Akane supports woman and woman relationships, but her ever to be in one would be wrong and just simply uncomfortable. But in alternative universes, Akane finds to be more comfortable and in love with the woman she grows so fond of.
It’s hard for Akane to fall in love with others, truly it is. It’s always difficult to commit to such. Holding hands, giving kisses on the cheek and other romantic actions, Akane wouldn’t know if she was doing it right or not. Love was new to her, yet she would get the hang of it sooner or later. Her jealously would greatly impact the relationship she gains to have. Since Akane is the jealous type, she would always try her best not to grow attach to her partner, but she always does at the end. Jealously overtakes her mind and her actions. What is said and done is just purely from that emotion and never from her heart.
Other Head Canons :
There has never been a problem if Akane received compliments about her skills with a sword or her combat ones, but if it was ever a compliment about her appearance in general, it would boost her ego more.
Akane isn’t the type of person to use swear words. Special occasions such as tripping,hurting herself,etc. she will use a swear word but accidentally out of pure pain. If she uses a swear word and she isn’t from a trip or hurting herself by accident,its probably from her temper shorting out and her anger getting the best of her.
Akane enjoys to be around children. She admires how curious and easily happy they can get. She enjoys spending her spare time playing and taking care of children that are not even her own.This all comes from her motherly nature.She treats children as if they were her own flesh and blood Even thinking of having to see a child hurt or worse,dead, she will become over protective of the next child she sees.